One of our team members recently had a chance to go down to North Carolina for High Point Market, one of the furniture and home decor industry’s largest trade shows. Thousands of exhibitors show off their best-sellers, their new introductions, and what’s coming down the pipeline. It’s the place to start spotting industry trends for the following year.
While she was down there, she kept a lookout for wall decor trends, and reported back to us with a few favorites. Here’s what she found.
1. Graphic, abstract-style paintings on white canvas.
2. Unexpected items used as wall decor. In this case, succulents in vertically-hung planters, and wall-sconces arranged gallery-style.
3. Quirky black-and-white photography. We loved the arrangement of mustaches and close-up of this horse.
4. The layered look. In this case, art and mirrors were hung on the wall, and displayed on the shelving.
5. Brass mirrors, especially hung over wallpaper. We love how the look can go both contemporary (as in the top photo) and classic (in the bottom).
Did anyone else make it to High Point? What were your favorite trends?